Today, Woomi is brought to interactive life in Woomi Wins, a new app that's available in the App Store and Google Play.
Here's the official description of the app, also found at WoomiWins.com:
Play the role of a yarn-made boy who creates
cloning machines to launch a world invasion from space!
STORY:Woomi was made from yarn, but wants to build new friends from yarn and steel. Armed with clone-making machines and a UFO, join Woomi as he slam-dunks Earth in this comic, cosmic adventure! Presenting hand-drawn graphics and an interactive story that encourages discovery, Woomi Wins will delight crafty mischief-makers of all ages!
- 14 ACTION-PACKED SCENES of button-pushing, switch-flipping, yarnball-tossing, paint-scratching, planet-twirling, star-drawing fun!
- a FUNNY, ALL-AGES STORY that inspires a build-it-yourself spirit and an appreciation for inventiveness and friendship.
- HAND-DRAWN illustrations and charming animation!
- PHYSICS-BASED ENVIRONMENTS where wacky objects can be thrown, dragged, stacked and bounced.
- a PHOTO GALLERY of 3D YARN CREATIONS (aka "amigurumi") from WooWork.com, the crochet blog that tells whimsical stories with yarncraft.
- OPTIMIZED beautifully for phones and tablets.
****** Like Woomi Wins on Facebook at facebook.com/WooWork
* Follow Woomi on Twitter at twitter.com/WooWork
* Catch up with Woomi's blog at WooWork.com
* Get Woomi merchandise at WooWork.spreadshirt.com
* Get the Woomi Wins soundtrack at WooWork.bandcamp.com
◦ Full list of soundFX credits here
◦ Contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
◦ Share the official Woomi Wins page: WoomiWins.com
Both Woomi and Woomi Wins were handcrafted with love. To make Woomi, I learned to crochet. To make Woomi Wins, I learned to code; a process I'll detail in a future blog post. Until then, I hope you pick up the app and enjoy interacting with Woomi's action-packed plot to win the world!
1.5 years later, Woomi approves.
Woomi at the controls.
Me and Woomi with the "Woomi Wins" app.