Thursday, July 27, 2017

Sew it Swift, Sew it Sweet

Last year, I made these pillows for loved ones, but stitching them by hand took hours:


So this spring, I asked MJ to teach me how to use her sewing machine. I practiced my first machine-made stitches along these letters:


With the sewing machine, it was speedy to make this pillow for my skull-loving hair stylist:


For Mother's Day, I sewed a clef note my musical mom, and a peanut for MJ's elephant-loving mom:





MJ then showed me some YouTube tutorials on how to sew animals from socks.

So I sewed her a bunny from a sock:





Then I made an otter:





And this summer, I sewed a queen bee for MJ's birthday:







It's super when we learn new ways to make gifts for loved ones, swiftly!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. I was going to say the same thing to you, and now I have! ;)

      Delete
  2. Aww - love all the sock creatures, super cute... especially the book fan bunny :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jess :) My bunny & I are grateful for your enduring encouragement and crafty inspiration!

      Delete
  3. beautiful creatures, i love this

    ReplyDelete

Share this blog post